Friday, September 11, 2009

my first 2 weeks in Peru

I have been in Peru for almost 2 weeks. It is hard to believe because these 2 weeks have been the hardest/yet 2 of the best of my life.
I am living in Arequipa, Peru with a local family here studying the language.
I am working for extreme nazarene in the planning of an event called familyzone, an outreach for families in Cusco.
I am meeting many new amigos! People here are nice, even when I mess up my spanish! :)
Upcoming Events:
I will be going to Puerto Maldonaldo (the jungle) for a 2 week impact project the 3rd week of October. There we will be showing the Jesus film, playing with the kids, praying for people, and doing whatever needs to be done! Please pray for me to learn the language quickly!
Please Pray for:
language training,
my health (already been facing the flu)
safety
thank you for all your support!
Leanne

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. It's great to hear that while it's hard and challenging there has been ways that it has been positive for you and you're definitely contributing. I just sent an email to your dad to see if I can go and share up in Victoria sometime soon...so we'll see. We'll definitely be praying with you as you continue your adventure down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne! I finally read your update... sounds like your times are good. Put your poetic powers to use and write us some descriptions of your life soon! Love, Liz.

    ReplyDelete